What else have I done for my independent work module? Well, I watched a speech kalled "Leather and meat without killing animals". It's just incredible how far can the science go. In that video Andras Forgacs tells us, how hea has created new technique to make leather without killing animals. He is using animals cells to grow leather with them. He takes cells from some animal and then coax these cells and after that grow the sheets. He also had an example of the piece of that leather which is made without killing an animal. I understand that this is a big problem when people are killing animals and all the fabrics are destroying our environment. But isn't it too much? Do we need leather at all? Ok, yes, we need shoes and stuff like that, but maybe there's another opportunity to replace leather. People have killed animals for ages and that is for a reason. They want food. And when you kill an animal for food, you also have to remove it's skin. Sounds discusting, but that's how it is. Now you can say that we don't have to eat meat at all. Ok, at least not that much as in US. But it's the most important food to get necessary iron. And I think that in a climate like here or in Estonia you just have to eat some meat. At least a bit. Bff, I really don't want to argue with this topic, but that video made me think of things like that. I totally understand that killing animals has gone too far and there's a lot of animal fabrics which are causing problems for the environment. People's wishes to get meat and leather have grown and there has to be something done. So here's the one option - to grow animals cells without killing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment