Saturday, November 30, 2013

Control yourself, Take only what you need from it...

Last weekend I was at the Estonian themed fair. I think it went well, except that one kid almost got killed in the nursery. My task was to keep an eye on children and help the performers there. Although, there was a parental responsibility for children and I even made some very visible posters for that. But kids are still kids. So, there was two boats with wheels and kids were driving around with them. While I was drawing with one kid, some other ones were driving around with the boats and suddenly there was too much speed. So one girl drove straight into the table of the sound mixer and the huge speaker fell on one kid who was sitting and reading a book on the floor. First I only saw the speaker falling, but then I noticed that there was a kid under that! Luckily there was a father of that kid driver who lifted up the speaker, because it was really heavy. It was just a huge schock for everyone. First the boy who got hitted from the speaker was just holding his stomach and didn't say anything. He didn't even cry or scream. Finally he said that his stomach is hurting, but everything else was okay. He didn't have mobile phone with him and his mom was somewhere at the fair. When the first aid guy arrived he asked the boy does he remember his mom's number. And he did! So everything was ok with his memory and all his bones were unbroken. When the mom arrived, she wasn't shocked at all. She even said that his son is always falling from the stairs or something always happens with him. So it was a happy accident, but the boy didn't want to come back there in the next day. You just have to think about every detail and thing what can happen when children are playing. I didn't decorate that room and I think it was a bit bad idea to bring the boats to that room. They were really populat, though, but extremely dangerous. But despite all this, it was great to be with the kids and have some fun with them. We even got some free ice cream :) And I saw one of my estonian acquaintance and her 6 months old baby there. It was a real surprise when she came to look for me to the nursery. She's a bit famous in Estonia and she just got married with Estonia's one of the great musicians (and journalist and writer)who was talking about his books there at the fair. While we were talking, some kids came to ask for an autograph from her. I couldn't hold back my laughter. It was a real surprise for her too. But what the hell, let's write an autograph to the piece of paper and take a picture! It was a great weekend, but I was just exhausted after 8 hours of being in people's mass and talking and walking. There was so much noise and it can be very tiring. Because our association was organizing this, we also had to clean and pack our stuff on Sunday evening. When I got back home, I just laid in my bed and watched tv.

Time has gone so fast and soon there's Christmas! But before that I need to get my school works done, i'm going to celebrate Finland's independence day, visit some friends, go to the theatre, say goodbye to my colleauges, have a dinner and Christmas party with them aaaaand go to Depeche Mode's concert. And of course, i'm going to travel to Estonia and see my dear friends and family. Happy days are coming :)


No comments:

Post a Comment